Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
Details Really Do Matter
- Are you planning on shopping like a rock star by making a huge purchase? Call ahead! Alert us or your card issuer as soon as possible so that we can help pave the way to a smooth transaction.
- Make sure you’ve updated your card accounts with your current email, cell number and address. Purchases can be denied over something as minor as entering the wrong postal code if it doesn’t match your address on record.
Keep Safety Top of Mind
- Always put your plastic payment cards back where they normally reside in your wallet. Hasty purchases can lead to misplaced or lost plastic, which will result in delays while you wait for a replacement.
- Many retailers today accept Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and/or Android Pay. These forms of payment utilize your mobile device to create a safer payment experience using tokenization. A tokenized form of payment replaces your payment card number with a secure encrypted digital payment that can’t be used again. Who doesn’t love that idea? Sign up today to take advantage of this convenient and secure payment option for your Trius MasterCard credit card.
- Avoid patronizing unfamiliar online retailers that offer “deals of the century.” These online merchants may not even be legitimate; the only thing they are in the market for is your credit card information. Stick to trusted retailers and brands that you know in order to avoid fraudulent activity on your payment cards.
- If you see an unusual transaction on your debit or credit card statement, it is imperative that you report this to us immediately to ensure that your financial accounts haven’t been compromised – and that they remain safely out of criminals’ hands.
- Use online banking apps, security alerts and text messaging to stay safer. Greater awareness means greater security.
Staying safe and having convenient, easy-to-use forms of payment makes the holidays happier for everyone. Whether you plan to shop in-person or digitally, be proactive and work with us to keep your information safe.